is something we can all play a part in
Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust
Welcome to our quality improvement (QI) website
Information here is for our colleagues, our partner organisations, service users and patients who are interested in learning more about QI, want to know how they can get involved, or need support on their QI journey.
QI is about looking at what we are doing, seeing if we could do it better and bringing everyone together to redesign the way care is provided. It is about making change happen.
Life QI is a global web platform where tools, people and data come together to make improvement happen. Find out more and log in.
Find out more about QI projects across the trust and how you can get involved…
See what's going on and where the projects are.
Interested in some improvement tools?
The booklet explains some of the concepts of improvement work.
We run two quality improvement training courses.
QI conference 2021
For those who missed our QI conference 2021, or for others who would like to watch presentations again, we have recordings from the day below.
- Session 1 - KCHFT Medical Director Sarah Phillips and NHS Director of Improvement Hugh McCaughey
- Session 2 - Increasing uptake of annual health checks for adults with learning disabilities (Mark Anderson)
- Session 3 - Increasing efficiency in care homes for dietetics (Vicki Pout)
- Session 4 - Patient Involvement to improve patient flow (Martyne May)
- Session 5 - Using Twitter and our QI website to raise the profile of KCHFT QI (Jane Barlow)
- Session 6 - Increasing downloads of a health check app (Sarah Hutchings)
- Session 7 - Increasing joy in work (15 seconds 30 minutes)
- Session 8 - Involving patients in QI projects (Sharon Picken)
- Session 9 - Sharing success (Academy of Fab NHS Stuff)
They include our Medical Director Sarah Phillips opening the event, followed by our guest speaker Hugh McCaughey, NHS Director of Improvement.
The day also included presentations on QI projects we have underway at Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust (KCHFT), presentations by
Want to know more about QI? Would you like to know why it is one of our priorities and why we would like you to get involved? Find out more by reading our frequently asked questions (FAQs).
Our Quality Strategy
Our Quality Strategy 2021 to 2025 explains how we are delivering our quadruple aim of enhancing patient